Has it been nearly a month already since my last installment???
My excuse is simply that we’ve been deep into the business of moving these past few weeks. We’re seeing light at the end of the tunnel, but we still have much work ahead.
In the meantime, back to our saga.
So we talked it over, prayed a lot, and finally committed to making this move. We contacted the Realtor who’d originally sold us our house, agreed upon an asking price, and signed the listing papers. That was in late August 2010.
The following weekend we had our first showing. When the couple returned for a second look, our hopes skyrocketed. We were told that the couple enjoyed watching wildlife and especially liked the fact that even though our home was in the suburbs, the backyard looked out over a forested greenbelt.
Then, as if on cue, a coyote appeared at the very moment they were gazing out the back window.
“Did you stage that?” the man asked our Realtor.
Only a couple of hours later, the Realtor phoned to say he expected to bring us an offer that evening. Ecstatic beyond belief, we went out to dinner to celebrate.
But the offer didn’t come. New to the area and concerned about making a decision too quickly, the couple opted to rent rather than purchase a home for the time being.
The home sale roller-coaster ride had just begun.
Next time: Chapter 3, “Stuff and More Stuff”